This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Nothing says summer like a Caprese salad, and this one is made with white beans for added protein and fiber. It’s EASY to make, and there’s no cooking required which is a bonus during these hot summer temperatures we’re having this week.
I served this as a side salad last night along with grilled fish and my husband really enjoyed it, but this would also be great as a main dish to pack for lunch if you increase the servings to 4 people. Perfect to make ahead and this can easily be halved.
White Bean Caprese Salad
Nothing says summer like a Caprese salad, and this one is made with white beans for added protein and fiber. It's EASY to make, and there's no cooking required which is a bonus during these hot summer temperatures we're having this week.
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 3 /4 cup
- 1 15-oz can Great Northern (or White Kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 1/2 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic glaze
- Combine beans, tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and finish with balsamic glaze.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 3 /4 cup, Calories: 142 kcal, Carbohydrates: 18 g, Protein: 8 g, Fat: 4.5 g, Cholesterol: 12 mg, Sodium: 127 mg, Fiber: 4 g, Sugar: 2 g
Pin This To Save The Recipe!