BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
These BBQ Chicken Quesadillas are a fun twist on traditional quesadillas. Made with chicken breast, BBQ sauce, cheese, red onion and cilantro on a high fiber whole wheat tortilla.
- One 3-oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlet
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce with 45 calories or less per 2-tbsp. serving (plus more for serving)
- 1 large high-fiber flour tortilla with 110 calories or less (I used Ole Xtreme)
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- nonstick spray
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with seasonings, and cook for about 4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
Once cool enough to handle, roughly chop. In a small bowl, coat chicken with BBQ sauce.
Lay tortilla flat, and spread BBQ chicken onto one half. Top chicken with remaining ingredients.
Clean skillet, if needed. Respray and return to medium-high heat. Cook the half-loaded tortilla for 2 minutes.
Fold the bare tortilla half over the filling with a spatula, and press lightly to seal. Carefully flip and cook until crispy, about 3 minutes.
Slice into wedges.
Serving: 1quesadilla, Calories: 325kcal, Carbohydrates: 32.5g, Protein: 32g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g, Sodium: 752mg, Fiber: 6.5g, Sugar: 6g
Freestyle Points: 5