Green Bean Salad
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
One of my favorite ways to enjoy green beans–in a chilled green bean salad recipe! The delicious flavors of these balsamic green beans made with black olives, scallions and eggs complement any meal or holiday potluck.
- 24 oz 6 cups string beans beans, ends trimmed
- 2.25 ounce can sliced black olives (drained (check labels for Whole30))
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium scallions (chopped)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh black pepper (to taste)
- 5 hard boiled eggs (peeled and sliced)
Place green beans in a large pot and cover with water, about 6 cups. Bring to a boil, then cover and cook until tender crisp, about 6 minutes (don’t overcook or they will get mushy).
Drain and rinse under cold water when done to prevent them from overcooking, drain.
In a large bowl, combine balsamic, oil, salt and pepper. Toss in the green beans, scallions and olives.
Mix well and top with sliced eggs. Refrigerate and serve chilled or room temperature.
Serving: 1cup, Calories: 176kcal, Carbohydrates: 11g, Protein: 7.5g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 155mg, Sodium: 308mg, Fiber: 4.5g, Sugar: 4g
Freestyle Points: 5
Points +: 3