Kale and Potato Soup with Turkey Sausage
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Kale and Potato Soup with Turkey Sausage is an easy, hearty soup made with kale, potatoes, carrots and turkey or chicken sausage.
- 14 oz Italian chicken or turkey sausage*
- 8 cups 1/2 batch kale, stems removed, leaves shredded
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 medium carrot (sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 8 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 medium red potatoes (peeled diced into 1/4 inch pieces)
- 1 pinch dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- kosher salt (to taste)
In a large Dutch oven or pot, cook sausage over medium-low heat until browned, about 10 minutes.
Remove from pot, let cool and cut into thin slices.
Add oil, onions and carrots; cook on medium until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
Add broth, water, black pepper, sausage, potatoes, red pepper flakes and bring to a boil.
Cook, covered for about 10 to 15 minutes. Add kale and cook partially covered until the potatoes are tender, about 5-6 minutes. Adjust salt if needed.
Makes 10 cups.
*check labels for Whole30.
Serving: 12/3 cups, Calories: 232kcal, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 19g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 0.2g, Sodium: 647mg, Fiber: 5.5g, Sugar: 3g
Freestyle Points: 5
Points +: 6