Instant Pot Chicken Taco Chili
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Chicken Taco Chili, made with chicken, beans, corn and tomatoes seasoned with taco seasoning is one of my most popular slow cooker recipes, which I just remade for Instant Pot after several requests! This recipe couldn’t be easier, made with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
- olive oil spray
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans, not drained
- 1 15.5-oz can kidney beans, not drained
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
- 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
- 2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies (Rotel)
- 24 oz 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounce can chopped green chili peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning or homemade (see below)
For the taco seasoning:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Press saute and spray the insert with oil, add the onion and stir, cooking until soft and golden, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Press cancel to prevent getting a burn notice, then deglaze the pot with 1/4 cup water.
Add the chicken and season both sides with half of the taco seasoning.
Add the beans, corn, green chilies, then finish with the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
Add 1/2 cup water plus the remaining taco seasonings and gently stir without moving the chicken.
Cover and cook high pressure 25 minutes. Natural release, then remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Return the chicken to the pot and mix to combine.
Top with fresh cilantro and serve. Makes about 11 cups.
Serving: 1generous cup, Calories: 211kcal, Carbohydrates: 26g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 50mg, Sodium: 623mg, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 4.5g
Freestyle Points: 0
Points +: 5