Tex Mex Breakfast Casserole
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins
This easy Tex Mex breakfast casserole has all the makings of a delicious breakfast – potatoes, chorizo, green chilies and cheese. Topped with salsa and avocado, this is perfect to feed a crowd!
- 14.5 ounce can diced potatoes (or 1 3/4 cups diced cooked potatoes)
- 2 links cooked chorizo sausage (diced (3 1/2 ounces) I used Goya)
- 2 cans (4.5 ounces chopped green chiles, undrained)
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt such as Adobo
- 1 jalapeno (sliced thin)
- 4 ounces 1 small haas avocado, sliced
- 1 cup chunky mild salsa
Spray a 3-qt (9” x 13”) oblong glass Pyrex baking dish with cooking spray.
Place the potatoes in the baking dish. Top with chorizo, green chiles and 1 cup of the cheese.
In medium bowl, beat eggs, scallions and seasoning salt with a whisk until well blended. Pour over potato mixture.
Cover with lid and refrigerate overnight, if preparing the night before.
When ready to bake, remove from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature.
Pre-heat the oven to 325°F.
Bake uncovered 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Remove from the oven, top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese and jalapeno slices.
Bake 2 more minutes, until the cheese melts. To serve, cut into 10 squares and serve with salsa and avocado.
Serving: 1square, Calories: 248kcal, Carbohydrates: 12g, Protein: 15.5g, Fat: 15.5g, Saturated Fat: 7.5g, Cholesterol: 246.5mg, Sodium: 561mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 3g
Freestyle Points: 6
Points +: 6