Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Marinating Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Ripe, end-of-summer garden tomatoes make the best, juiciest tomato salad, perfect served with a rustic loaf of bread!
- 5 large or 8 cups medium ripe red heirloom or beefsteak tomatoes (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup red onion (chopped)
- 8 - 10 fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- good crusty bread (for serving (optional))
In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, red onion, basil, olive oil, garlic and season liberally with salt and pepper.
Let the tomato mixture sit room temperature for about 20 minutes to let the flavors blend (the juices from the tomatoes will release and create a kind of dressing). Toss well.
When ready to serve, toss the tomato mixture and divide in 4 bowls. Eat with crusty bread if desired.
Serving: 2cups, Calories: 86.5kcal, Carbohydrates: 12.5g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 21.5mg, Potassium: 0mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 0%, Vitamin C: 0%, Calcium: 0%, Iron: 0%
Freestyle Points: 1
Points +: 2