Ahi Poke Bowl
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
With marinated tuna, brown rice, avocado, cucumber, mango, macadamias and scallions, this Hawaiian style quick Ahi Poke Bowl is perfect for hot summer nights.
For the tuna
- ½ pound sushi grade tuna (cut into ¾-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced white onion
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon sriracha
For The Bowl
- 1 medium mango
- 1 small Hass avocado (4 ounces)
- ½ medium cucumber
- ½-1 small jalapeno (to taste)
- 2 scallions
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted Macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Lime wedges (for serving)
- Reduced sodium soy or gluten-free tamari (for serving (optional))
- Sriracha (for serving (optional))
In a medium bowl, combine tuna with onion, scallions, soy sauce, sesame oil and sriracha.
Gently toss to combine and set aside while you prepare the bowls.
Peel, seed and cube the mango and avocado. Peel, halve, seed and thinly slice the cucumber. Thinly slice the jalapeno and scallions.
In 2 bowls, layer 1/2 the rice, 1/2 the tuna, mango, avocado, cucumber, jalapeno and scallions.
Top with Macadamia nuts and sesame seeds and serve with lime wedges and extra sauce on the side, if desired.
Serving: 1bowl, Calories: 527kcal, Carbohydrates: 60g, Protein: 34g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 51mg, Sodium: 353.5mg, Fiber: 10.5g, Sugar: 26g
Freestyle Points: 9