Angel Hair with Zucchini and Tomatoes
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
Angel hair tossed with summer zucchini and tomatoes fresh from the garden. The perfect meatless meal you'll be craving again and again. Serve this with plenty of Parmigiano Reggiano!
- 2 7 oz zucchini, spiralized or julienne
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 shallots (diced)
- 3 medium tomatoes (diced (or 2 cups grape, halved))
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper (to taste)
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta (wheat or gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or basil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to instructions.
While pasta is cooking, in a large saute pan, heat pan on medium-high flame, add oil when pan is hot.
Add garlic and shallots to the pan and saute about 1 minute, until soft.
Add zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook about 1 1/2 minutes, add tomatoes, crushed red pepper flakes, parsley, chicken broth and adjust salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 1 more minute.
Remove from heat.
Drain pasta when done reserving some of the water and and toss the pasta well with zucchini and tomatoes. Add pasta water if needed and serve with grated Parmesan (optional).
Serving: 1/4th of recipe, Calories: 254kcal, Carbohydrates: 51g, Protein: 7.5g, Fat: 5.5g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 0.3mg, Sodium: 73mg, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 2.5g
Blue Smart Points: 7
Green Smart Points: 7
Purple Smart Points: 7
Points +: 7