Greek Chickpea Salad
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 5 mins
Greek Chickpea Salad, made with chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, olives and Feta is perfect to make ahead, for lunch for the week!
- 15 ounce can chickpeas (rinsed and drained (Goya))
- 2 cups diced Persian cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 1/3 cups grape tomatoes (halved)
- 20 kalamata or gaeta olives
- 1/4 cup red onion (sliced lengthwise)
- 4 ounces fresh feta (sliced thick)
- juice of 2 fresh lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
In each of 4 (4-cup) containers or bowls, arrange 1/3 cup chickpeas, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1/4 green pepper, 1/3 cup tomato, olives and red onion, top with Feta cheese.
In a small bowl whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
Serve about 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing with each salad.
Serving: 1container, Calories: 292kcal, Carbohydrates: 28.5g, Protein: 11g, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 5.5g, Cholesterol: 25mg, Sodium: 713.5mg, Fiber: 6.5g, Sugar: 4g
Freestyle Points: 6
Points +: 8