Zucchini Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins
Fruity, moist and delicious, this banana and zucchini cake is loaded crushed pineapple and lightly sweetened with honey.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (from 5 small)
- 8 ounce zucchini (grated and squeezed well)
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple in juice (drained well)
For the Frosting:
- 8 oz 1/3-less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
To prepare frosting, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13x9x2-inch nonstick metal pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices; stir well with a whisk.
In a medium bowl, combine honey, oil, eggs, and vanilla; stir well. Add zucchini, banana and pineapple; mix well.
Fold wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula until combined.
Spoon batter into the sheet pan.
Bake at 350F for about 45 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool completely on a wire rack.
Spread frosting over the cake once cooled and cut into 16 pieces.
Serving: 1slice, Calories: 172kcal, Carbohydrates: 28g, Protein: 3.5g, Fat: 5.5g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 27mg, Sodium: 297.5mg, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugar: 18g
Freestyle Points: 6
Points +: 5