Peruvian Green Sauce
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
Peruvian green sauce also known as Aji Verde is a spicy bright green condiment typically found in any Peruvian restaurant.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup light Hellman’s mayonnaise (use compliant mayo for whole30)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons yellow mustard (Guldens)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 jalapeños (roughly chopped seeded but keeping the ribs (about 1 cup/3 oz))
- 2 cups chopped fresh cilantro leaves and stems (2 oz rinsed well)
- 3 medium cloves garlic (crushed through a press)
Saute the onion in a small skillet with 1 teaspoon of the oil until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
Transfer to the blender then add the remaining oil, mayo, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
Then add the chopped jalapeno, cilantro and garlic and blend on high speed until the sauce is smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds.
Serving: 1tablespoon, Calories: 22kcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 0.5g, Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 1.5mg, Sodium: 64mg, Fiber: 0.5g, Sugar: 0.5g
Blue Smart Points: 1
Green Smart Points: 1
Purple Smart Points: 1
Points +: 1