Chopped Salad with Shrimp, Blue Cheese and Bacon
This hearty Chopped Salad with Shrimp, Avocado, Blue Cheese and Bacon is simple and satisfying. Great for lunch or dinner!
- 4 slices center cut bacon (chopped)
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 ounce butter lettuce (chopped)
- 1 small corn on the cobb (grilled or roasted)
- 1 ounce blue cheese or gorgonzola
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces diced avocado (1 half small haas)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper (to taste)
Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook until crisp and the fat is rendered.
Transfer the bacon to a paper towel using a slottted spoon.
Remove all but 1 teaspoon of the bacon grease and discard the rest.
Add the shrimp and garlic to the skillet and cook 3 minutes, until opaque. Remove and chop into bite sized pieces.
To assemble the salad divide between 2 plates or toss everything together in a large bowl.
Serve right away, drizzled with 1 teaspoon olive oil, salt and pepper over each salad.
Serving: 1salad, Calories: 368kcal, Carbohydrates: 14.5g, Protein: 35g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 188mg, Sodium: 590mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 3g
Freestyle Points: 7
Points +: 9