Corned Turkey and Cabbage Dinner
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Leave the same old Corned Beef behind for this Corned Turkey and Cabbage Dinner made with all the same pickling spices and roasted vegetables.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf (crumbled very finely)
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 turkey breast (boneless and skin on (1 of the 2 breast halves, about 3.5 pounds))
- 1 head cabbage (cut into 8 wedges)
- 4 carrots (peeled and cut into 1/2 inch coins)
- 1 pound yukon gold potatoes (cut into 1" chunks)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Mix all the spices (including the brown sugar) together.
Pull the skin up from the meat and rub half of the spices onto the turkey.
Put the turkey skin side down onto your baking sheet and rub the rest of the spices onto the top of the turkey breast.
Put the turkey into the oven to cook while you prepare the vegetables (turkey will cook a total of about 35 minutes).
Toss the carrots and potatoes in the oil with the salt and pepper.
Add them to the baking sheet.
Add the cabbage wedges to the sheet and spray with a 1/2 second of olive oil spray.
Add the vegetables to the oven and continue cooking for another 30 minutes.
Remove when turkey is cooked through and vegetables have just started to brown.
Serving: 6ounces cooked turkey and 1/8th the vegetables, Calories: 276kcal, Carbohydrates: 19.7g, Protein: 27.4g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 2.4g, Cholesterol: 74mg, Sodium: 256mg, Fiber: 3.8g, Sugar: 5.6g
Freestyle Points: 2
Points +: 7