Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken with Black Beans and Corn
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 6 hrs
This EASY Slow Cooker Chicken dish is cheesy and delicious, made with boneless chicken breast, black beans, corn and salsa topped with melted cheddar cheese. YUM!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 15 ounce can reduced sodium black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts halved lengthwise (16 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning (or salt to taste)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/4 cups chunky mild salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar (reduced fat Sargento)
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- optional (serve with avocado and brown rice)
Combine corn and beans and put them in the slow cooker.
Season the chicken with adobo (or salt), garlic powder and cumin then place in the slow cooker and top with salsa.
Cover and cook LOW for 6 hours.
Top with cheese, cover and cook until melted, about 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.
To serve, transfer the chicken and vegetables with a slotted spoon and serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
Serving: 1piece chicken, 3/4 cup vegetables, Calories: 414kcal, Carbohydrates: 43g, Protein: 42g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 5.5g, Cholesterol: 108mg, Sodium: 866mg, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 6.5g
Freestyle Points: 3
Points +: 10