Skinny Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
These Skinny Garlic Mashed Potatoes are so much lighter than traditional mashed potatoes, and taste so good!
- 2 lbs 4 medium yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 large garlic cloves (peeled and halved)
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth (sub vegetable broth for vegetarian)
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp whipped butter
- kosher salt to taste
- dash of fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs of choice: parsley (thyme, chives)
Put potatoes and garlic in a large pot with salt and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil.
Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Drain and return potatoes and garlic to pan. Add sour cream and remaining ingredients. Using a masher, mash until smooth.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serving: 3/4 cup, Calories: 165kcal, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 9mg, Sodium: 112.5mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 3g
Freestyle Points: 5
Points +: 4