Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Chicken Cacciatore made in an Instant! The sauce is hearty and chunky, loaded with chicken, tomatoes, peppers and onions ( sometimes I add mushrooms too!) Great over pasta, squashta, rice or polenta.
- 4 chicken thighs (with the bone, skin removed)
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 can (14 oz crushed tomatoes (Tuttorosso my favorite!))
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil or parsley for topping
Season chicken with salt and pepper on both side.
Press saute on the Instant Pot, lightly spray with oil and brown chicken on both sides a few minutes. Set aside.
Spray with a little more oil and add onions and peppers. Sauté until soften and golden, 5 minutes.
Pour tomatoes over the chicken and vegetables, add oregano, bay leaf, salt and pepper, give it a quick stir and cover.
Cook high pressure 25 minutes; natural release.
Remove bay leaf, garnish with parsley and serve over pasta, squasta or whatever you wish!
Serving: 1thigh with 1/2 cup sauce, Calories: 133kcal, Carbohydrates: 10.5g, Protein: 14g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 57mg, Sodium: 273mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 5g
Blue Smart Points: 3
Green Smart Points: 3
Purple Smart Points: 3
Points +: 3