Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala with Cauliflower and Peas
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
I've created a lightened up, dairy-free Chicken Tikka Masala with Cauliflower and Peas in the Instant Pot to satisfy my craving for Indian food!
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless (boneless chicken thighs, cubed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ghee (butter or coconut oil for df)
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves (for serving)
Season chicken with 1 teaspoon salt.
Press saute button and melt the butter, add onion, garlic, ginger and 6 spices (from coriander to cardamom) and saute until the vegetables are soft and the spices are fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and use an immersion to blend until smooth (or blend in the blender), add the chicken, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and stir, cook high pressure 15 minutes.
Quick release, add the cauliflower and peas and cook 2 minutes on high pressure.
Quick release, stir in coconut milk and serve garnished with cilantro.
Serving: 3/4 cup, Calories: 226kcal, Carbohydrates: 9g, Protein: 25g, Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 3mg, Sodium: 405mg, Fiber: 2.5g, Sugar: 4g
Blue Smart Points: 5
Green Smart Points: 6
Purple Smart Points: 5
Points +: 6