Chicken and Shrimp Laap
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
This chicken and shrimp laap or larp is a Laotian version of lettuce wraps. It's low-carb, Paleo-friendly, Whole 30 approved, loaded with flavor and so fast and easy to make!
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 small shallot (thinly sliced)
- 1 pound ground chicken thighs
- ½ pound large shrimp (peeled and chopped coarsely)
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 scallions (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup minced fresh mint leaves
- 1 head butter lettuce (washed and spun dry, and separated into leaves)
On a parchment-lined baking tray, toast the coconut flour in a 300°F oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until the flour turns golden brown. (You can also toast the coconut flour in a dry pan over low heat instead.) Set aside.
In the meantime, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced shallot and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened.
Add the ground chicken, and break it up with a spatula. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes until no longer pink.
Add the shrimp and stir-fry for another 2 to 3 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through.
Remove the pan from the heat and add the fish sauce, lime juice, toasted coconut flour, and cayenne pepper. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
Sprinkle the chopped herbs on top. To eat, wrap a 1/3 cup of laap in a lettuce leaf and devour.
Serving: 3rolls, Calories: 220kcal, Carbohydrates: 5g, Protein: 34g, Fat: 6.5g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 68mg, Sodium: 795mg, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugar: 2g
Freestyle Points: 4
Points +: 3