Ahi Tuna Watermelon Salad
Juicy watermelon and soy-marinated Ahi tuna with cucumbers makes a delicious, light, summer salad appetizer or first course when you need a dish to impress!
- 1 lb sushi-grade tuna
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce (or GF soy sauce, coconut aminos for Paleo or W30)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups watermelon (half-inch cubes)
- 1 Persian cucumber (sliced 1/8-inch thick with mandolin, rolled tight)
- 1 shallot finely sliced (for garnish)
- cilantro or cilantro micro greens for garnish
Using a very sharp knife, trim away any skin from the tuna fillet. Cut the tuna into 1/4-inch cubes and place in a bowl.
In a medium bowl whisk soy sauce, lime juice, oil, sesame oil, honey, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes.
Pour over tuna, add salt to taste at the very end. Marinate at least 45 to 50 minutes in the refrigerator.
To serve, grab 4 plates, divide the tuna and place a few watermelon cubes around, add cucumber and garnish with shallots and cilantro.
Serving: 1/4, Calories: 217kcal, Carbohydrates: 13g, Protein: 29.5g, Fat: 5.5g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 44mg, Sodium: 429.5mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 8g
Freestyle Points: 2
Points +: 5