Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Move over tacos, these scallop tostadas are SO good and they’re ready in less than 20 minutes!
For the Guacamole:
- 4 oz 1 small haas avocado
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 2 tablespoon diced red onion
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh black pepper (to taste)
For the Tostadas:
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream (thinned with 1 teaspoon fat-free milk)
- 6 large sea scallops ((8 ounces total) side muscle removed, rinsed and pat dry)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large corn tostada shells*
- *Read labels for gluten-free.
Mash the avocado in a small bowl with the tomato, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper to taste.
Season scallops with salt and black pepper. Add the butter and oil to a 12-inch skillet on high heat. Once the butter begins to smoke, gently add the scallops, making sure they are not touching each other. Sear the scallops for 1 1/2 minutes on each side. The scallops should have a 1/4-inch golden crust on each side while still being translucent in the center.
Spoon the guacamole onto the tostada, top with scallops and drizzle with sour cream.
Serving: 1tostada, Calories: 296kcal, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 17g, Fat: 17.5g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 38mg, Sodium: 900mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 2g
Freestyle Points: 7
Points +: 8