Skillet Lemon Chicken with Olives and Herbs
Chicken breasts cooked in a skillet with green olives, lemon and fresh herbs.
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 8 oz boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons all purpose or gluten free flour
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup pitted chopped olives
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- optional (4 thin lemon slices)
Preheat oven to 400F with the rack in the center position.
Heat the oil in a 10 inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper then sprinkle with flour. When oil is hot, sear chicken about 3 minutes on each side.
Add garlic, wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, thyme and olives. Top with lemon slices if desired, transfer the pan to the oven and bake about 10 minutes, until 165F in the center.
Serve hot topped with parsley.
Serving: 1piece chicken, Calories: 351kcal, Carbohydrates: 4.5g, Protein: 52.5g, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 166mg, Sodium: 541.5mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 0.5g
Blue Smart Points: 3
Green Smart Points: 7
Purple Smart Points: 3
Points +: 8