Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken & Olive Tagine
Chicken, prunes, olives, carrots, onions, garlic and ginger are slow-cooked with Moroccan spices to create a flavorful and fragrant dish that you’ll want to make again and again.
- 2 pounds 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 medium carrots (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 1/3 cup dried prunes (halved)
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (or ap gf flour)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (for serving)
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the chicken, carrots, onion, prunes, olives, garlic, flour, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
When ready to serve, sprinkle with and cilantro or nuts (optional) and serve with lemon wedges.
Serving: 2thighs with sauce and vegetables, Calories: 399kcal, Carbohydrates: 24g, Protein: 46g, Fat: 13g, Cholesterol: 216mg, Sodium: 843mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 10g
Blue Smart Points: 7
Green Smart Points: 8
Purple Smart Points: 7
Points +: 8