Turkey Chili Taco Soup
Top it with your favorite chili toppings such as sour cream, cheese or whatever you like for a healthy meal that can be prepped for the week or frozen for another night.
- cooking spray
- 1.3 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 10 oz can rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 15 oz canned or frozen corn (drained)
- 15 oz no salt added kidney beans (drained)
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 16 oz fat free refried beans
- 1 packet low-sodium taco seasoning (or use homemade)
- 2 1/2 cups less-sodium chicken broth
Spray a large pot with cooking spray then brown the turkey over medium heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. When cooked through, add the onions and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, corn, beans, tomato sauce, re-fried beans, taco seasoning and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer about 10-15 minutes.
Serve with your favorite toppings such as low fat sour cream, jalapeños, reduced fat cheese, chopped scallions, onions, or chopped fresh cilantro. Freeze leftovers in individual portions for future meals.
Serving: 11/4 cups, Calories: 225kcal, Carbohydrates: 31.5g, Protein: 22g, Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 25mg, Sodium: 905mg, Fiber: 7.5g, Sugar: 4g
Blue Smart Points: 0
Green Smart Points: 0
Purple Smart Points: 0
Points +: 5