Skillet Fish Fillet with Tomatoes, White Wine and Capers
If you're lucky enough to get your hands on some fresh white fish such as Fluke, Flounder, Halibut, etc., this easy skillet recipe is a must. Takes less than 10 minutes to make and tastes so good!
- 2 tsp whipped butter (or 1 1/2 tsp unsalted butter)
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine (whatever you drink)
- 1/2 lemon (juice of)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 2 6 oz each fish filets, skin removed such as Fluke, Flounder, Halibut, etc
- 2 tsp capers
- pinch kosher salt
- fresh black pepper (to taste)
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until golden, about 1 min. Add wine and lemon juice and simmer to reduce slightly 30 to 60 seconds. Add marinara sauce, stir and place fish fillets on top. Season with salt, pepper and capers. Cover and cook 4 minutes over medium-low. Turn and cook uncovered an additional minute, or until the fish is cooked through.
Serving: 1fillet with sauce, Calories: 271kcal, Carbohydrates: 7g, Protein: 42.5g, Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 122.5mg, Sodium: 422mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2.5g
Freestyle Points: 2
Points +: 6