Grilled Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
These flavorful chicken skewers are marinated in coconut milk and spices, then grilled and served with a delicious spicy peanut sauce for dipping.
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 -1/4 pounds thin sliced boneless (skinless chicken cutlets)
- 16 large Bamboo skewers (soaked in cold water)
- lime wedges (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp chopped peanuts (for garnish (optional))
For the Peanut Sauce (makes 1/2 cup):
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Better’n peanut butter
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce (Tamari for gluten-free)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 small clove garlic (minced)
In a bowl, mix the marinade ingredients except the chicken. Slice the chicken into long, thin strips, about 3 inches long by 1 inch wide, and add to marinade. Turn chicken to coat, cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or longer.
Meanwhile, prepare the peanut sauce. Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and whisk well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until smooth, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
Prepare grill to high heat and thread marinated chicken onto soaked bamboo skewers. Place on grill and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Serve with lime wedges and peanut sauce and garnish with cilantro and peanuts.
Serving: 4skewers, Calories: 297kcal, Carbohydrates: 16g, Protein: 36.5g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 104mg, Sodium: 998mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 6.5g
Blue Smart Points: 4
Green Smart Points: 6
Purple Smart Points: 4
Points +: 7