Mexican Cauliflower "Rice"
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
This Mexican inspired dish of Cauliflower "Rice" uses finely chopped cauliflower, which makes a fantastic low-carb, grain-free stand in for rice.
- 4 cups cauliflower crumbles (the sell this in stop and shop now)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion (finely diced)
- 2 medium plum tomatoes (small dice)
- 1 jalapeno (seeds and membrane removed, minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- chopped cilantro
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onions, tomatoes and jalapeno and sauté until just tender, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cauliflower, sauté until the cauliflower is just tender, 2 minutes.
Add the tomato paste, cumin, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper. Stir to evenly coat the vegetables and cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Add chopped cilantro and serve.
Serving: 1scant cup, Calories: 58kcal, Carbohydrates: 10g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 379mg, Potassium: 0mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 0%, Vitamin C: 0%, Calcium: 0%, Iron: 0%
Freestyle Points: 1
Points +: 2