Mediterranean Bean Salad
This Mediterranean Bean Salad is so light and fresh, made with lemon juice, mint and parsley. This can be served as a side dish, perfect for potlucks or to make it a main for lunch serve it over spiralized cucumbers.
- 1 15.5-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 1 large garlic clove (finely minced)
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from 1 medium lemon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, garlic, onion, parsley, and mint.
For the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the olive oil and lemon juice until smooth and emulsified.
Pour the dressing over the beans and veggies, add ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste and carefully toss with a large metal spoon. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes so flavors combine.
Serving: 3/4 cup, Calories: 175kcal, Carbohydrates: 26g, Protein: 8g, Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 327mg, Potassium: 0mg, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 0%, Vitamin C: 0%, Calcium: 0%, Iron: 0%
Freestyle Points: 1
Points +: 4