Updated Waldorf Salad Cups
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
A lighter take on the classic Waldorf Salad served in lettuce leaves so you can eat them with your hands instead of a fork!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped (¼-inch pieces cooked skinless boneless chicken breast (about 12 ounces))
- 2 celery stalks (thinly sliced on the bias)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 large pear (halved, cored, and sliced into ¼-inch pieces (I like Bosc or Anjou pears))
- 3 ounces Gorgonzola cheese (crumbled (¾ cup))
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken, celery, parsley, cabbage, pear, and Gorgonzola, and toss well to coat all ingredients in the dressing. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
To serve, place 2 butter lettuce leaves on each of 4 plates and divide the salad among the lettuce cups.
Serving: 2wraps, Calories: 341kcal, Carbohydrates: 18g, Protein: 27g, Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 83mg, Sodium: 471mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 11g
Freestyle Points: 6
Points +: 9