Thai Basil Chicken
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
This simple Thai dish, known as Pad Grapow, is insanely quick and inexpensive to make. It's light, yet flavorful with lots of heat and tons of basil.
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless (skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce (Substitute for GF oyster sauce)
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce (Substitute for GF soy sauce)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 serrano chile (seeded and minced (keep seeds for extra hot))
- 2 teaspoons vegetable or canola oil
- 3 cups fresh Thai or regular basil leaves
- cooked jasmine rice (optional for serving)
In a bowl marinate the chicken with oyster sauce and soy sauce 10 minutes.
Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat, when hot add the oil, garlic and chili and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Increase the heat to high and add the chicken and cook, stirring until just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add the basil and cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
Serve over rice.
Serving: 4oz chicken, Calories: 210kcal, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 34g, Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 104mg, Sodium: 571mg, Fiber: 1g
Blue Smart Points: 1
Green Smart Points: 3
Purple Smart Points: 1
Points +: 5