Chicken with Roasted Tomato and Red Onions
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Roasted tomatoes, red onions, garlic and herbs adds tons of flavor to plain old chicken. Adding a pinch of red pepper flakes adds just a touch of heat, while the basil adds freshness to this easy, weeknight chicken dish.
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ medium red onion (cut into ¼-inch slices)
- 2 large garlic cloves (peeled and smashed with side of knife)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- olive oil spray
- 1 1/2 pound total boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, onions, garlic, olive oil, herbs de Provence, red pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
Toss to evenly coat and transfer to a sheet pan lightly sprayed with olive oil.
Roast for 12 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut the chicken breast in half lengthwise into 2 thin cutlets.
Season both sides with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
Spray a large non-stick grill pan or skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat.
When hot add chicken and cook about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side.
To serve: Top chicken with roasted veggies and garnish with remaining basil.
21 Day Fix container breakdown per serving: 1 red, 1 green, 1/2 tsp oils – conversion by Coach Brooke
Serving: 1cutlet with veggies, Calories: 179kcal, Carbohydrates: 7g, Protein: 25g, Fat: 5.5g, Cholesterol: 87mg, Sodium: 417mg, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugar: 3g
Freestyle Points: 1
Points +: 4