Jamaican Coconut Shrimp Stew
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Jamaican Coconut Shrimp Stew – A quick, light and spicy shrimp dish simmered in coconut milk, inspired by my trip to Ochos Rios, Jamaica.
- 1 lb peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 1 tbsp mild jerk seasoning (such as Walkerswood)
- 1/2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1 scallion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 scotch bonet pepper (seeded and diced (I only use 1/4))
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- chopped scallions or cilantro (for garnish)
Season shrimp in a bowl with jerk seasoning.
Heat a large skillet on medium low, add the butter or oil and chopped vegetables, cook until soft 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the shrimp, increase heat to medium and cook 3 minutes, add the coconut milk, cover and simmer until the shrimp are cooked through, about 3 minutes.
Garnish with cilantro or scallions and serve.
Serving: 6shrimp, 1/4 cup sauce, Calories: 182kcal, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 176mg, Sodium: 225mg, Fiber: 1g
Blue Smart Points: 3
Green Smart Points: 4
Purple Smart Points: 3
Points +: 4