Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
Chicken and vegetables seasoned with sage, rosemary and balsamic vinegar, then baked in the oven. A delicious healthy meal-in-one.
- 8 4 oz each boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh black pepper (to taste)
- cooking spray
- 10 medium asparagus (ends trimmed, cut in half)
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 red onions (chopped in large chunks)
- 1/2 cup carrots (sliced in half long, cut into 3-inch pieces)
- 5 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (smashed and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 tsp sugar (omit for whole30, keto, paleo)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano or thyme
- 2 leaves fresh sage (chopped)
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Spray 2 large baking sheets with oil.
Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl using your hands to mix well then arrange everything onto the prepared baking sheets spread out in a single layer.
The vegetables should not touch the chicken or it will steam instead of roast.
Bake about 20 to 25 minutes, rotating the pan top to bottom, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are roasted and tender.
Serving: 2thighs, Calories: 401kcal, Carbohydrates: 15g, Protein: 48g, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 214mg, Sodium: 518mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 2g
Freestyle Points: 5
Points +: 10