Asian Chopped Salad with Sesame Soy Vinaigrette (In a Jar)
This colorful Asian-inspired salad is layered with edamame, bell peppers, carrots, snow peas, cabbage and lettuce and a simple sesame-soy vinaigrette. One jar is a huge serving, perfect for lunch or it can serve two as a side dish.
- For Salad:
- 1 ½ cups shelled edamame
- 1 medium red bell pepper (thinly sliced then cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper (thinly sliced then cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup thinly sliced snow peas
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 scallions (chopped)
- 4 cups shredded purple cabbage (about 1/2 small head)
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce (about 1 small head)
- For Sesame Soy Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or Gluten-free Tamari
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola (light olive or grapeseed oil)
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
In a small mason jar combine the dressing ingredients and shake well.
Place 2 tablespoons of the dressing on the bottom of 4 large quart sized mason jars.
Divide the edamame and place over the dressing.
Then the peppers, carrots, snow peas, scallions, cabbage and lettuce and cover.
Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Just before eating, shake well to toss then pour onto a plate.
Serving: 1jar (3 cups salad, 2 tbsp dressing), Calories: 231kcal, Carbohydrates: 23g, Protein: 8g, Fat: 13.5g, Sodium: 404mg, Fiber: 7.5g, Sugar: 12g
Freestyle Points: 4