Parmesan Hasselback Sweet Potatoes with Balsamic Glaze
These sweet potatoes are sliced and roasted in the oven, then drizzled with balsamic and topped with parmesan and fresh herbs.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (7 oz each)
- 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 oz freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tsp fresh chopped thyme
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze (I used Delallo*)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
With a large, sharp knife, make ¼-inch slices down the length of each potato, cutting only 3/4 of the way through.
In a small bowl, combine butter and olive oil.
Place the potatoes in a medium mixing bowl and drizzle half of the the olive oil/butter mixture over the top of each potato, then toss to evenly coat.
Place potatoes on a small baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until potatoes are tender inside and caramelized and crisp on the outside.
Drizzle with remaining butter/oil and sprinkle with parmesan, herbs and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Serving: 1sweet potato, Calories: 302kcal, Carbohydrates: 48g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 284mg, Fiber: 7.5g, Sugar: 17g
Freestyle Points: 8
Points +: 8