Slow Cooker Blissful Butternut Squash Soup
This is the easiest, creamiest, yummiest Fall slow cooker soup recipe – perfect for all you butternut lovers out there!
- 16 oz 1/2 small butternut squash, halved, seeds removed
- 16 oz 1/2 buttercup or kobacha squash, halved, seeds removed but not peeled
- 2 large shallot (quartered)
- 2 cup chicken or vegetable broth (or 1-1/2 tbsp Better Bouillon w/water)
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- pinch nutmeg
- optional garnish: drizzle coconut milk (chives, pepitas)
Place the squash, shallots and broth in the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 8 hours or high 4 hours, until soft and cooked through, a knife should easily be inserted.
Remove squash from skin and discard the peel.
Stir in coconut milk and nutmeg.
Blend in a blender or using an immersion blender.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with more coconut milk and chives, if desired.
Serving: 11/4 cup, Calories: 152kcal, Carbohydrates: 35g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 2.5mg, Sodium: 310mg, Potassium: 0mg, Fiber: 8.5g, Sugar: 1.5g, Vitamin A: 0%, Vitamin C: 0%, Calcium: 0%, Iron: 0%
Freestyle Points: 2
Points +: 4