Korean Grilled Chicken Breasts
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Marinate Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins
This is the BEST grilled chicken recipe! Not just because I'm obsessed with Korean food, it's just so juicy and flavorful, and this is coming from a girl her prefers dark meat. It's also quick and easy to make, perfect for weeknight grilling.
- 1 pound 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup low sodium or gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (plus more for topping)
- 2 thinly sliced scallions (white and green parts)
Place the chicken breasts, 1 at a time, in a Ziploc bag. Pound the chicken breast to an even thickness, about ½ inch thick, being careful not to puncture the bag.
In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, apple sauce, onion, sesame oil, ginger, brown sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes, if using and sesame seeds. Reserve ¼ cup of the marinade and transfer the remainder to the Ziploc bag with the chicken. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 1 hour.
Over medium-high heat, grill the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes or until it no longer sticks to the grill. Turn the chicken, spoon the reserved ¼ cup of marinade over each breast and grill an addition 2 to 3 minutes.
Serving: 4oz, Calories: 180kcal, Carbohydrates: 9g, Protein: 25g, Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 73mg, Sodium: 666mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 6g
Freestyle Points: 2
Points +: 3