White Bean Caprese Salad
Nothing says summer like a Caprese salad, and this one is made with white beans for added protein and fiber. It's EASY to make, and there's no cooking required which is a bonus during these hot summer temperatures we're having this week.
- 1 15-oz can Great Northern (or White Kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 1/2 oz fresh mozzarella (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 garlic clove (finely minced)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 10 fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic glaze
Combine beans, tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, garlic, salt and pepper.
Drizzle with olive oil and finish with balsamic glaze.
Serving: 3/4 cup, Calories: 142kcal, Carbohydrates: 18g, Protein: 8g, Fat: 4.5g, Cholesterol: 12mg, Sodium: 127mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 2g
Blue Smart Points: 2
Green Smart Points: 4
Purple Smart Points: 2
Points +: 4