Grilled Lemon Dijon Chicken Skewers
Cook Time: 15 mins
Marinate Time: 1 hr
For an easy weeknight chicken dinner, marinade boneless chicken breast in this easy, homemade lemon Dijon marinade and refrigerate overnight (or you can freeze them to use another day). Then throw them on the grill!
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh oregano (or 2 tsp dry)
- 1 tsp kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper (to taste)
- 16 oz skinless boneless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1/2 red onion (quartered and layers separated)
- 4 lemon wedges for serving
- 4 metal skewers
Combine garlic, oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
Place chicken in a gallon sized bag and pour the marinade over them, refrigerate overnight.
Thread the chicken and onion layers onto the skewers.
Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium-high heat.
Spray the grates lightly with oil and grill about 5 minutes on each side, or until the center is no longer pink.
Serve with fresh lemon wedges.
Serving: 1skewer, Calories: 164kcal, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 26g, Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 83mg, Sodium: 452mg, Fiber: 1g
Blue Smart Points: 1
Green Smart Points: 2
Purple Smart Points: 1
Points +: 4