Southwestern Black Bean, Quinoa and Mango Salad
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
This healthy Southwestern Black Bean, Quinoa and Mango Salad is delicious, a great way to get more vegetables and plant-based foods to your diet.
- 15- ounce can black beans (no salt added, rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (red or tri-color) (according to package directions)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 small red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño pepper (seeded and finely diced)
- juice from 1 medium lemon or lime
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
Mix together the beans, quinoa, corn, bell pepper, mango, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño in a mixing bowl.
Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and turmeric in a small bowl.
Drizzle over the mixture and toss.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serving: 1cup, Calories: 164kcal, Carbohydrates: 27g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 4g, Sodium: 93mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 11.5g
Blue Smart Points: 2
Green Smart Points: 2
Purple Smart Points: 2
Points +: 4