Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
This deep dish chocolate chip cookie pie is secretly good for you, but don't tell anyone! You won't believe it's made with beans, dates and oats! And because it's made with such wholesome ingredients, it's very filling.
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 15 oz cans white beans, drained and rinsed well, 500g total drained
- 1 cup quick oats*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp oil (grapeseed, vegetable or coconut)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips* (I used dark)
- *For gluten free (be sure your oats are certified GF.)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 10-inch springform pan and set aside.
Blend the dates with the milk until smooth a high quality food processor until very smooth.
Add the remaining ingredients (except the chips) and blend very well in the food processor (not a blender**) until completely smooth.
Stir in chips and transfer to the prepared pan.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes until firm.
Remove from oven and let it cool 20 minutes before removing from the pan. Cut into 14 slices and serve warm topped with fat free frozen yogurt or your desired topping.
**Katie recommends a food processor, if all you have is a blender, blend in 2 batches until very smooth.
Serving: 1/14th, Calories: 226kcal, Carbohydrates: 40g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 9g, Sodium: 262mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 25g
Freestyle Points: 5
Points +: 6