BLT Salad with Avocado
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
BLT Salad with Avocado is my low-carb solution to the classic sandwich! Made with center cut bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and avocado in a light dressing.
- 12 slices lean center cut bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 4 Roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise (I use Hellman's)
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper (to taste)
- 6 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 4 oz 1 medium hass avocado, diced
In a medium bowl, combine the diced tomatoes with the mayonnaise, and season with a little salt and fresh cracked pepper. Set aside for about 10 minutes to let the tomatoes release their juices as this will be the "dressing" to your salad.
To serve, divide the chopped lettuce and tomatoes onto 4 plates, then top each with diced avocado, chopped bacon and tomato mixture.
Serving: 2generous cups, Calories: 197kcal, Carbohydrates: 13g, Protein: 10g, Fat: 13g, Cholesterol: 19mg, Sodium: 397mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 5g
Blue Smart Points: 5
Green Smart Points: 5
Purple Smart Points: 5
Points +: 5