One Pot Cheesy Turkey Taco Chili Mac
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
This easy, protein-packed One Pot Cheesy Turkey Taco Chili Mac recipe made with taco seasoning, beans, and pasta shells topped with cheese is a favorite in my home. Bonus points for dirtying only one pot!
For the homemade taco seasoning:
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
For the Chili:
- 1.3 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 10 oz can rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 14.5 oz can pink or red beans (drained)
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 can (8 oz fat-free refried beans)
- 1 15 oz can reduced sodium chicken broth*
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 8 oz DeLallo Gluten Free shells (or DeLallo whole wheat)
- 3/4 cup part-skim shredded sharp cheddar cheese*
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- *Check labels for gluten-free
Heat a large Dutch oven or pot with a fitted lid over medium-high heat and spray with oil, brown the turkey breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
When cooked through, add the onions, garlic, pepper and taco seasoning; cook 2-3 minutes.
Add the canned tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, refried beans, chicken broth and water.
Bring to a boil, cover and simmer about 15 minutes. Adjust salt to taste.
Stir in the uncooked pasta and simmer uncovered over medium heat until al dente, about 6 minutes or according to package directions.
Remove the pot from heat and top with the cheese, cover and let sit for about 2-3 minutes, until the cheese melts.
Serve immediately garnished with fresh cilantro and scallions.
Serving: 1generous cup, Calories: 341kcal, Carbohydrates: 40g, Protein: 24g, Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 60mg, Sodium: 893mg, Fiber: 8.5g, Sugar: 4g
Freestyle Points: 6
Points +: 8