Cauliflower Leek Soup
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
This creamy cauliflower leek soup is so quick and easy to make, you can whip up any night of the week! It's the perfect light soup if you want to have this as a first course, and leftovers are perfect for lunch.
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour (use ap gluten-free flour for GF)
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bunch leeks (about 3 or 4 dark green stems removed)
- 1 medium head cauliflower (chopped (about 1 1/2 lbs florets))
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- optional toppings: crumbled bacon, cheddar, scallions (extra)
Wash leeks very carefully to remove all grit. I usually cut them horizontally and separate the rings to make sure no dirt remains.
Coarsely chop them when washed.
In a medium soup pot, melt butter and add flour on low flame.
Using a wooden spoon, stir and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
Add broth, leeks, and cauliflower and bring to a boil.
Cover and simmer on low for about 20 minutes, until cauliflower is soft.
Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth adjusting the salt and pepper to taste.
Serving: 11/3 cups, Calories: 115kcal, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 5.5g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 6mg, Sodium: 511mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 4g
Freestyle Points: 1
Points +: 3