Skinny Chicken Scarpariello
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
A lighter take on Chicken Scarpariello that's not just delicious, it also happens to be gluten-free, low-carb, whole30 compliant and paleo-friendly.
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large chicken breast halves (bone in, skin removed)
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 link cooked sweet Italian chicken sausage (sliced thinly on a bias (I used Aidells))
- 1/2 medium head of cauliflower (cut into florets (about 4 cups))
- 1 medium onion (sliced thinly)
- 4 cloves of garlic (sliced thinly)
- 4 jarred hot cherry peppers (sliced plus 1 tbsp liquid (optional for extra heat))
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (omit for whole30, paleo and replace with chicken stock)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken stock
- 1 sprig rosemary (needles removed and roughly chopped, plus additional for garnish)
Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
Cut chicken in half to make 4 pieces, leaving the bone on.
Heat oil in a large, oven safe sauté pan with straight sides over medium-high heat.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and brown 2-3 minutes per side.
Remove chicken and set aside.
Lower heat to medium and add onion, chicken sausage, cauliflower florets, garlic and cherry peppers.
Sauté, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes until vegetables and sausage start to brown.
Add the white wine, cherry peppers and additional optional liquid.
Raise heat and allow to boil for about 2 minutes before adding chicken stock.
Add chicken breasts back into pan, bone side down, sprinkle rosemary on top, bring to a boil and then place the pan in the oven, uncovered.
Cook for 20-25 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F.
Remove from oven carefully, with towel or kitchen gloves, serve and enjoy!
Serving: 1piece chicken, 1 cup vegetables, Calories: 283kcal, Carbohydrates: 9g, Protein: 32g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 0.7g, Cholesterol: 83mg, Sodium: 465mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 1g
Blue Smart Points: 3
Green Smart Points: 3
Purple Smart Points: 3
Points +: 7