Grilled Chicken with Black Bean Mango Salsa
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Marinate Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr 25 mins
Grilled chicken breast, seasoned with cumin, spices and topped with a fresh salsa made with sweet mango, protein-rich black beans, lime and cilantro for flavor.
- 16 oz 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed, sliced in half lengthwise
- salt and fresh cracked pepper (to taste)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- juice of 1 lime
For the Black Bean Mango Salsa (makes about 2 1/2 cups):
- 1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- 1 cup black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 ripe mango (peeled and diced)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (minced)
- 1 jalapeño (chopped (keep seeds if you want it spicy))
Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in a large non-reactive bowl with remaining ingredients, toss well to coat and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
In a medium bowl, combine the red onion, lime juice, olive oil and season with salt, to taste.
Mix well then combine with the remaining ingredients; refrigerate until ready to serve.
Heat the grill or a grill pan to medium high, discard the chicken marinade and grill the chicken breasts about 3 minutes on each side, or until the center is cooked through.
Transfer to a cutting board and slice the chicken on the bias.
Serve the sliced chicken topped with mango black bean salsa.
Serving: 3oz chicken, 2/3 cup salsa , Calories: 261kcal, Carbohydrates: 24g, Protein: 30.5g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Sodium: 71mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 8g
Freestyle Points: 1
Points +: 6