Sauteed Julienned Summer Vegetables
Zucchini, yellow squash and carrots cut into spaghetti like strands and sauteed with garlic and oil. I make this side dish ALL summer long – not just because it's low-carb, gluten-free, clean and paleo friendly, but because it's delicious, good for you and also happens to be my husband's favorite way to enjoy zucchini!
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 8 oz zucchini (cut into julienne strips (with a mandolin))
- 8 oz yellow squash (cut into julienne strips (with a mandolin))
- 4 oz 1 medium carrot, cut into julienne strips (with a mandolin)
- salt and fresh cracked pepper (to taste)
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot add the oil, onions and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Increase heat to medium-high and add the remaining vegetables, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook about 1 minute. Give it a stir to mix everything around and cook another 1 to 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through yet firm. Adjust salt as needed and serve hot.
Makes 4 cups.
Serving: 1cup, Calories: 66kcal, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 4g, Sodium: 24mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 4g
Freestyle Points: 1
Points +: 2