Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp Kebabs
Grilled shrimp on skewers seasoned with cumin, garlic and finished with fresh squeezed lime juice and cilantro.
- 32 jumbo raw shrimp (peeled and deveined (17.5 oz after peeled))
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 24 slices about 3 large limes, very thinly sliced into rounds (optional)
- olive oil cooking spray (I use my mister)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (divided)
- 16 bamboo skewers soaked in water 1 hour
- 1 lime cut into 8 wedges
Heat the grill on medium heat and spray the grates with oil.
Season the shrimp with garlic, cumin, salt and half of the cilantro in a medium bowl.
Beginning and ending with shrimp, thread the shrimp and folded lime slices onto 8 pairs of parallel skewers to make 8 kebabs total.
Grill the shrimp, turning occasionally, until shrimp is opaque throughout, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
Top with remaining cilantro and fresh squeezed lime juice before serving.
Serving: 1kebab, Calories: 74kcal, Carbohydrates: 3g, Protein: 13g, Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 94mg, Sodium: 384mg, Fiber: 1g
Blue Smart Points: 0
Green Smart Points: 1
Purple Smart Points: 0
Points +: 2