Jalapeño Shrimp Cakes
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 8 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
These shrimp cakes are light and delicious, made with jalapenos, scallions, and cilantro then topped with a little fresh lime juice and a few slices of avocado. Serve this over a bed of greens for a quick, light summer meal.
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined (weight after peeled))
- 1 large jalapeño (seeded and minced (for spicy, leave the seeds))
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 3 medium scallions (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons panko (use GF crumbs for gluten free)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 lime wedges
- 1/2 medium avocado (sliced thin)
Dry shrimp well with a paper towel then place the shrimp in the food processor along with jalapeño and garlic then pulse a few times until almost pasty.
Combine the shrimp in a large bowl with remaining ingredients and mix well to combine.
Using rubber gloves (easier with gloves), form shrimp into 4 patties.
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with oil.
Add the shrimp cakes to the heated grill and cook 4 minutes without disturbing, then gently flip and cook an additional 4 minutes.
Serve with fresh lime juice and top with thin slices of avocado.
Serving: 1shrimp cake w/ avocado, Calories: 173kcal, Carbohydrates: 5g, Protein: 24g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 172mg, Sodium: 321mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 1g
Blue Smart Points: 2
Green Smart Points: 3
Purple Smart Points: 2
Points +: 4