Roasted Red Pepper and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
These baked stuffed chicken breasts are really simple to make, stuffed with melted cheese, roasted red peppers, prosciutto and baby spinach.
- 8 thin chicken cutlets (3 oz each)
- 4 2.8 oz slices thin lean prosciutto, sliced in half
- 4 slices reduced fat provolone or mozzarella (sliced in half (Sargento))
- 8 slices 2.5 oz roasted peppers (packed in water or homemade)
- 24 fresh baby spinach leaves (about 1 oz)
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs or GF breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon (juice of)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper
- olive oil non-stick spray
Wash and dry the chicken cutlets well with paper towels.
Combine breadcrumbs in one bowl and in a second bowl mix the olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper.
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
Place each cutlet on a work surface such as a cutting board and lay 1/2 slice prosciutto, 1/2 slice cheese, 1 slice of roasted pepper and 3 spinach leaves on one side of the chicken cutlet.
Roll and place seam side down on a dish (no toothpicks needed).
Repeat with the remaining chicken.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
Serving: 1roll, Calories: 190kcal, Carbohydrates: 7g, Protein: 27g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 536mg, Potassium: 0mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 0%, Vitamin C: 0%, Calcium: 0%, Iron: 0%
Freestyle Points: 4
Points +: 5